Zona Braza Beach Lodge offers the most ideal family holiday destination on the Mozambique coast with options for all ages. Please bring your own fishing-, snorkeling and kite surfing gear.
- Swim our safe beaches or spend the day in one of our 3 splash pools
- Rock and surf fishing
- Dropshot and fly fishing
- Snorkelling the magnificent coral reefs
- Kite surfing
- Pool or darts in the well equipped entertertainment area
- Bird watching
The lodge is home to over 100 species of birds most notably the African Fish Eagle, African Darter, Little Grebe, Little Egret and Paradise Flycatcher
The town of Xai-Xai is situated only 40 kilometres south of Zona Braza Beach Resort. Xai-Xai offers unique opportunities to explore the local culture, and also offers a variety of activities, such as:
- Wenela tidal pool, 2 kilometres south of the main Xai-Xai Beach, is a tidal pool that has a natural channel leading under the reef and into the ocean. The hole in the reef’s surface creates a “blow hole effect” during spring tide. This pool is considered sacred by the African Pentecostal Church, and many colourful baptisms are held here.
- Markets and roadside stalls selling a wide variety of items such as fresh fruit and veg, seafood, and clothing. One can even have a shirt or dress tailored for you by one of the numerous seamstresses that have workshops in market stalls.
- As a large portion of Mozambicans are Catholic, there is a beautiful Catholic church that can be found opposite Barclay’s in the heart of Xai-Xai.
- Chidenguele, a town 20 kilometres away from Zona Braza, houses some of Mozambique’s cultural gems. There are a number of beautiful churches in the area, such as the Nossa Senhora de Lourdes, and Cathedral Chidenguele.
- At Xai Xai, you can explore the remains of the Hotel Chongoene, a five-star hotel during the 1960s and 1970s that was abandoned during the wartime years.